Dependent on experience
Village employs a range of developers, the more great people who want to be part of things the better, from new graduates to experienced senior developers. Developers work on a range of full stack development, normally this involves a database, a C# application layer and a web front end written with Angular. But there are a range of applications with variants on this technology.
We recruit for long term team members so are looking for potential rather than a particular technology expertise. Although we also have some freelancers involved in projects.
Post holders are involved in the development, maintenance, and support of full stack developments
- The back end will be written in C# with good programming practice expected.
- Competence with Angular or another similar web framework.
- Developers need to have communication skills suitable for holding discussions with technical professionals about how to implement solutions.
In addition to the core coding and software design skills we are involved in a range of other software engineering skills including, qa, testing, ux-design, business analysis etc. We know that experienced developers have some capabilities in some or all these fields and we would look to find space for these to be developed and used.
Software Engineering Practice
We aspire to produce high quality code, if you find object-oriented analysis, design patterns, unit testing strategies, refactoring rewarding then you should fit in with where the company is going.
We see software engineering as a team activity where we learn from each other and contribute to each progress.
Currently we run two small application development teams, and one business intelligence team.
We are looking for people who share our values:
- Curiosity and Sharp Thinking – We enjoy thinking through problems, designing solutions, and helping to build the understanding and insights our clients need.
- Collaboration and Partnership - We enjoy working closely and collaboratively with our technical colleagues, clients and suppliers – combining our collective knowledge and skills to build exceptional solutions.
- Expertise and Knowledge – Village Software is for people who are enthusiastic and excited about learning and becoming a craftsperson with technology. Programming is fun and we are constantly striving to improve, both individually and collectively.
- Integrity and Passion – Integrity and passion is in our DNA. We work on complex projects involving multiple stakeholders, bringing clear thinking, professionalism, energy, and passion to everything to do.
Place of Work:
Normal place of work will be in Village’s pleasant offices in the commercial district of Liverpool next to Moorfield station. However, work might involve periods of work based at clients in the Merseyside on rare occasions travelling further afield.
All team members should be near enough to commute without it being a hassle.
Currently the team is working in hybrid mode with a mix of up to 50% home working but this may vary based on government guidance. Staff are provided with laptops and whatever other equipment they need to make this happen.
We are committed to providing career development and enhanced opportunities through continuous knowledge transfer, learning and mentoring. Our developers work closely and collaboratively with clients on engineering solutions. As such we are looking for technical people who are also natural collaborators.
Applying: Please send a covering letter along with your current CV to the contact named below.
Recruitment, Village Software Engineering Limited, Saunders House, Commerce Way, Liverpool, L8 7BA
0151 709 7728; email@example.com
Applying for this position
Please send a covering letter along with your current CV to
with the title 'Application Developers'