Graduate Trainee BI Developer
Demonstrable Numerical Analysis of some sort.
Thursday, March 28, 2024See all positions
Graduate Trainee BI Developer
If you take satisfaction in finding what the data means perhaps this is a great job for you. We are searching for a graduate, who wants to gather, organise and display data to drive business decisions.
Village is a warm place to work and do serious development while solving business problems. We are looking for people who can become great Business Intelligence developers and consultants. In recruiting we will be looking for people who will be good at the job, good for the team and good for our clients.
We will offer a chance to become part of an enthusiastic supportive team of people who like to get stuck into commercial BI projects. We are looking for a permanent team member so potential to become a great BI developer within our team is our guiding principle rather than specific technologies to date.
- The post holder will be involved in the development, maintenance and support of business applications.
- The applications will involve a range of technologies this will include SQL and related technologies (TSQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI).
- Identifying sources of data in client’s organisations, understanding them in discussion with the business people preparing them for reporting.
- You must be able to listen and understand, structure a problem around its data and put across a solution in a way that is listened to by business people.
- The trainee will both work on technical developments and needs identification with clients.
- Candidate is expected to have communication skills suitable for holding discussions with end users of data. They must have the gravitas to confidently work alongside client’s staff.
- A basic competence in software coding will be required alongside an aspiration to strengthen this.
- A good numerate or business-focussed degree and an aptitude for spreadsheets, numbers and other analytical methods would be required. Other demonstrations of technical aptitude and competence may be acceptable.
- A demonstrable understanding of database design and management would be useful.
- We expect people to be curious about the numbers that underpin businesses, curious and about how businesses work and then able to manipulate the underlying data to provide insights.
We understand that few graduates have strong BI capabilities, so we are looking for what experience and aptitude people have, so they can be trained up.
Place of Work
Village is an office first hybrid company. 3 Days a week the whole team is in, new graduates also need to be in other days, which reduce as their experience develops. However, work might involve short or extended periods of work based at clients in the Merseyside area and periods of work further afield.
Note: We accept applications from individuals for this role, strictly not from any recruitment agencies or similar.
Please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for this position
Please send a covering letter along with your current CV to
with the title 'Graduate Trainee BI Developer'