Graduate Trainee Programmer
NoneSee all positions
Graduate Trainee Programmer
If you think programming is great perhaps this is a great job for you. We are searching for a graduate, who loves programming to develop a career in commercial software development.
Village is a warm place to work and do serious programming solving business problems. We are looking for people who can become great programmers. In recruiting we will be looking for people who will be good at the job, good for the team and good for our clients. There is some opportunity to offer a flexible quantity of working hours to accommodate suitable candidates with other responsibilities or interests.
We will offer a chance to become part of an enthusiastic supportive team of people who like to get stuck into commercial programming. We are looking for a permanent team member so rather than knowing specific technologies to date, becoming a great programmer within our team is our guiding principle.
- The post holder will be involved in the development, maintenance and support of business applications.
- The applications will often be working in C# to develop back end systems with browser based front ends.
- The applications will involve a range of technologies including SQL and related business intelligence technologies.
- Development is done using object oriented technologies and techniques or business intelligence capabilities.
- The trainee will develop in the key commercial software development skills including unit testing, refactoring and design patterns.
- Working alongside experienced software developers the post holder will expect to be developed into a valuable member of the software development team.
- Candidate is expected to have communication skills suitable for holding discussions with end users of systems. They must have the gravitas to confidently work alongside client’s staff.
- A background and enthusiasm for software development is essential, preferably with an understanding of object oriented development.
- A good technical degree with a substantial software element would be expected. Other demonstrations of technical aptitude and competence may be acceptable.
- A demonstrable understanding of database design and management.
- The end work will involve C# .net, a proven track record in this or any equivalent language would be useful
- We expect people to be keen, excited and competent at programming. We expect people to be technically curious as to how things work.
- We don't expect people to be experienced in every programming language in the world - therefore we will help people learn the specific languages and technologies.
Place of Work
Normal place of work will be in Village’s office in Liverpool. However, work will involve short or extended periods of work based at clients in the Merseyside area and periods of work further afield.
Note: We accept applications from individuals, strictly not from any recruitment agencies or similar.
Come visit us for an OPEN DAY on 25th of April at 10:30. Register your interest before the 25th by emailing email@example.com.
Applying for this position
Please send a covering letter along with your current CV to
with the title 'Graduate Trainee Programmer'