Looking to develop a career in commercial software development? Technically curious?
We are looking for people who can become great programmers.
We will offer a chance to become part of an enthusiastic supportive team of people who like to get stuck into commercial programming. We are looking for a permanent team member so potential to become a great programmer within our team is our guiding principle rather than specific technologies to date.
Have a look at the job spec below and have a ponder about whether you might be the right fit to join us. We accept applications from individuals, strictly not from any recruitment agencies or similar.
This is an open application, at graduate level, we are happy to put on file CV's from more experienced applicants or Freelancers who want to come in from the cold and join a team.
What you will be doing:
- involved in development, maintenance and support of business applications
- use a range of technologies including SQL
- use object oriented technologies and techniques or BI capababilities
- unit testing, refactoring and design patterns
- working alongside experienced software developers
- being a good programmer
- good communication skills - colleagues, end-users, clients
- background in software development
- understanding of object oriented development or understanding of business intelligence or statistics
- proven technical aptitude and competence
- confidence - able to work alongside client's staff
- understanding of database design and management
Student placement 2017/2018:
We have several students on placement and expect to offer placements in 2017/18 academic year, if you want to do a placement with us please get in touch.
Village is a great place to work and do serious programming solving business problems. We growing steadily and breaking into new markets. It's an exciting time to join us!
In recruiting, we will be looking for people who will be good at the job, good for the team and good for our clients.
There is some opportunity to offer a flexible quantity of working hours to accommodate suitable candidates with other responsibilities or interests.
Please send a covering letter along with your current CV to the contact named below.
Village Software Engineering Limited
Commerce Way, Liverpool, L8 7BA
0151 709 7728